New version available. The original CosCloud will not be restocked.
Looking to add a portable smoke machine to your cosplay or prop? The CosClouds Starter Kit is an easy to use smoke machine that is small enough to carry in your pocket. This kit includes all the basics for adding smoke and fog effects to your costume: The CosClouds Base Unit, one CosClouds Vaporizer, one switch of your choice, one combo Battery Charger and Voltage checker, and a small amount of extra tubing. This kit is ideal if you don’t want to DIY your own or need a more durable and adaptable design.
The coolest thing about the CosClouds system is that it is customizable, this means it’s totally adaptable to multiple projects with it’s modular system. You can plug in up to three of the CosClouds Vaporizers into the base unit, giving you flexibility and creativity to increase the amount of smoke or add smoke to multiple areas of your costumes without the expense of multiple batteries and pumps. The Vaporizers are designed to easily and securely attach tubing, giving you the best control to where you want to send your smoke. Every Vaporizer has a flexible shaft that connects it to the CosClouds Base. This flexible shaft comes in multiple lengths: 6″, 12″, and 18″. I recommend 6″ length for projects where the base and vaporizer will be installed together and 18″ for projects where the vaporizer and base unit will be in different areas of your costume.
You choose your own switch preference. The switches are modular, so it can be upgraded to a different type in the future. I offer two wired switches (momentary and toggle) and a wireless adapter. I recommend the wireless option!
The smoke machine runs on vegetable glycerin and will output smoke for around 25 minutes* before needing to be refilled. I recommend using the smoke machine for only 2 minutes at a time with a cool down period in between, but it can run for longer periods of time if installed safely inside your costume away from temperature sensitive materials and skin. If you want to run the smoke machine for extra long periods of time, I recommend purchasing a Heat Sleeve to shield the environment from the heat generated from this device.
* Run times based on an ambient temperature of 72°F (23°C). Hotter temperatures and stagnant airflow will decrease duration, lower temperatures will increase duration. (I was able to push out almost 40 minutes in 32°F outdoor weather.)
- Connect up to 3 Vaporizers to CosClouds Base
- Fluid Fuel: 100% Vegetable Glycerin* to 80% Vegetable Glycerin / 20% Distilled Water OR any non-toxic fog juice
- Fluid Capacity: 3mL
- Recommended Run Time: 2 minutes with cool down time
- Max Continuous Run Time: 25 minutes
- Temperature 1 minute run time:
- Battery Life: 80 min 1 vaporizer, 45 min 2 vaporizers, 30 min 3 vaporizers
- Battery Protections: Over voltage, under voltage, over current
- Charging time: 3 hours
- Operating Voltage: 3V-4.2V
- Max Operating Current: 6.2A
- *Battery Makeup: Lithium-Ion 3000mAh 20A (Does not come with units shipped outside USA and Canada)
- Battery Charger with built it Voltmeter (easy feedback to check the capacity of your battery)
- ABS 3D printed case (small variations possible due to manufacturing process)
- Recommended tools for reconfiguration: flat pliers and flat head screw driver
- Directions emailed with order
- CosClouds Full Specs: CosClouds Technical Data
- CosClouds Base Size Documentation: CosClouds Base Dimensions
- Vaporizer Size Documentation: CosClouds Vaporizer Dimensions
- Vaporizer Temperature Documentation: CosClouds Vaporizer Run Temps
- 1 CosClouds Base (battery and pump unit)
- 1 CosClouds Vaporizer with 1 Threaded Barb (length specified by buyer)
- 1 Switch with Connector (Pick: 3.2′ Rocker Style, 3.2′ Momentary Button, or Wireless Switch/Remote)
- 1 Micro USB charger and Battery Voltage Checker
- 1 Micro USB to USB cable
- 1′ Flexible Thin Clear Tubing
- 4 DC Plug Protectors, 1 XT30 Plug Protector
- (Fluid not included. Some residual may be included due to testing of units.)